The cool, hip thing these days is to be all ‘I don’t make resolutions, I might have goals, but they are small & attainable.’ I used to be that person.
Well, screw that.
I’m gonna make resolutions. Truthfully, these are things I’ve been working in for a while, but it is good to put stuff out in the public. Makes you actually work towards the goals and not just sweep them under the rug. Because if you tell people, then they might hold you accountable. At least you should hold yourself accountable.
So, here goes nothing:
1. Become more comfortable with myself.
– To me, this means really be ok with Heather. Only I can change those things I don’t adore about myself and it isn’t fair to me to keep doing the same things over and over to myself. What is that quote about insanity? Doing the same thing and expect ting different results? Yeah, that.
2. Make healthier choices in all aspects of my life.
– I’m not dumb, I know *how* to lose weight and become healthier physically. It is just math (OHMY). Burn more calories than you take in. Easy, right? Not when you let that stupid person who says bad things about YOU run your life. She makes you eat more of the things you shouldn’t, not exercise and other stupid choices (hello, bottle of wine and 60 hour work weeks). Maybe tell her to shut it. You knight like it. But this resolution isn’t just lose weight. It is also mediate and not be so stressed and not be so angry. All the things that make us a healthy, happy person.
3. Hang out with friends and family more.
– My friend Chante is on a IRL kick and she makes a valid point. I lurve my online peeps (shoutout to all of you) and will never abandon all of those relationships, but I always feel so refreshed after hanging out live with peeps. So, watch out folks – I’m coming for you!!
4. Blog and/or journal more.
– sometimes things rattle around in my head. That ain’t good for anyone. I need to get those things outta there to make room for the stuff I really wanna think about – Braves, Vols, Doctor Who, recipes – you know the important things.
So, there ya go. My 2014 New Year’s Resolutions. I did it. What do you want to do for yourself (or others) this year? Come on, you know you wanna spill it.